Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wishes Granted Ooh La La


I love the magic of everyday life! I love my new job this year at River Bend ALC! I love that I have enjoyed the mysteries of travel and I have of late been missing that. A lot. So in class, partnered up with a student and asked 'if you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?' I immediatly said 'PARIS'. I suppose the correct answer may have been 'right here right now', which would have been a good lesson, but my longing got the better of me and of course introducing the students to the adventure of travel is a good lesson too. When I got home I had an e-mail from Anne and John Makepeace peppering my in box with their weekend offering at The Rhein. Twin Cities Hot Club, a Parsian Style mix of romance, swing, Jazz and Gypsy. Well I'll be if that doesn't grant my wish, it might cover all of them, I've been a bit whiny in the romance department too! Based on the reviews I think these four guys can make us all feel a million miles away, and put a little Gypsy back in this Bohemian's soul. Hearing the magic, now that is the Spice of Life.

No comments: